Wednesday 14 July 2010

Beautiful Wedge

Last week I traded a beautiful wedge on AUDEUR.

















What I look for in an ideal wedge is a structure whereby price action makes 5 touches to the wedge.  This was a perfect example.  A descending wedge is a bullish pattern.  The beauty of this pattern is that it anticipates a target price at a specific time.  The target is determined by creating a line between points 1 and 4, and extending it until it coincides in time with the apex A of the wedge.

In this example, price is currently at 0.6683, on Tuesday 6th July; the target price is 0.6900 late Thursday/early Friday.

My entry into the trade was based on a breakout on a 15M chart:

















The bars forming the breakout look abit spiky, but I wasn't looking for perfection here - this was an entry on a 15M chart, but based on a pattern on a 4H chart.  My stop was set below the low of the wedge pattern, allowing for me to run this as a swing trade.

Here is the outcome:

No comments:

Post a Comment